Two Simple steps to save Your marriage:
If you want to save your marriage, I have good news for you: most any marriage can be saved. I know, it may seem hopeless but if both of you are willing to do what it takes, you can save your marriage. Unfortunately, if one or the other of you isn’t willing to do what it takes your marriage is already over and it might be wise for you to move on. Here are a few simple steps to save a marriage that you and your spouse can start working on today. If you think you need a little extra help than find a marriage counselor that you both like and trust to help you out. Let’s find out the steps to save a marriage.
1. Obviously, you can’t fix something until you know what is broken. Your mechanic isn’t going to just start replacing parts, you hope, on your car hoping to eventually get the right thing. Your marriage is similar, you can’t fix the problems if you don’t really know what the problems are. I can almost guarantee you that your wife doesn’t make snide comments to you and act cold towards you because you left the seat up. And I can be pretty sure that your husband isn’t really acting the way he is just because you take too long getting ready to go out.
These petty squabbles are covering up the real issues in your relationship, and that’s what the two of you need to get to.
2. Once you’ve diagnosed the problem, it’s time to work together to come up with a strategy to fix things. Neither of you should plan on doing all the work yourself, you both need to be willing to work together. It’s also important for both of you to realize that this stage could take a long time. You have to be patient, your marriage, just like you and your spouse, is a work in progress. Don’t expect a quick fix.
Don’t give up on your marriage. If you and your spouse are willing to work on it together you can pull it back from the brink and following these steps to save a marriage will be a great place to start.
What is the Best Way to save a marriage?
Is the relationship with your spouse strained? If you’re worried about your marriage and you want to find some great ideas on ways to save a marriage, this article might make a good place to start. Working on your marriage is really something that shouldn’t be left until the last minute, though many of us are guilty of doing just that. It doesn’t matter how far off track your marriage is, if you and your spouse are serious about making it work, you will most likely find a way to do just that.
The first thing two of you must do is to sit down and identify what the problems are. Make sure you don’t get distracted by the petty things that are on the surface since these really aren’t the problems. You have to dig deeper and find what the underlying cause is so that you can change it.
For example, I seriously doubt any marriage has fallen apart just because the husband left his whiskers in the sink or that the wife bought one too many pair of shoes. These are things that bug each other, but they aren’t the real problem. The real problem is that the wife thinks the husband takes her for granted and doesn’t respect her time and effort when he makes more work for her instead of cleaning up his own mess.
The husband thinks he’s just a paycheck to his wife when she runs out and buys more shoes. Of course, these are just examples, but you get the point. Look below the surface to find the real problems and then address those, head on, together.
While there is no one size fits all to marriage issues, there are some common themes that are at the heart of most bad marriages. If you and your spouse can learn to communicate effectively you will be able to identify the issues and find the best ways to save a marriage.
For a more detailed guide I would suggest you to read “Save the Marriage” book. You can read Save The Marriage review to learn more about this book.
Christian Marriage retreats and marriage counseling, Can They Save My Marriage?
Marriage retreats are seminars that teach couples better ways of communicating with each other. They can be based on certain religions or secular in nature. They can last for a week or for a few hours, there are a lot of different types of retreats all over the country. The point is that this can be an effective way for you and your spouse to learn to work on the issues in your marriage by honestly communicating with each other.
The sad truth is that by the time most people get to the point of considering a retreat, or any type of counseling, there is a lot of built up anger and resentment. More often than not the only ‘communicating’ the couple does is to scream at each other and all semblance of a loving healthy relationship has completely disappeared. If your marriage is in trouble, the sooner you address the issues the greater the likelihood you’ll be able to improve your relationship.
While it might be difficult for the two of you to learn new, and more effective, ways to communicate, it’s never impossible. As long as both of you are completely committed to making these changes you can do it. A good retreat will help. Just find the format that fits you and your lifestyle. You can start with your church. If they don’t host a retreat they can likely recommend one.
It’s never too late to try and save your marriage, though the sooner you start the easier it will be. Just try to find good marriage retreats and give it a chance to work and you may be pleasantly surprised at the positive changes you see in your marriage. At this point, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Go for it.
Recommended Reading: “Save The Marriage” Book
Marriage guidance, Where Should I Look?
When it comes to finding someone to help you through the minefield that your marriage has become, you do have a lot of choices. Marriage guidance can be found in many different places. The most important thing is that you trust the people who you are asking for advice. It can cause more harm than good if you choose to follow bad advice. Pick the source of your guidance very carefully.
If you’re not worried about friends and family knowing that your marriage is in trouble, you can always ask them for a referral. Personal referrals are often best if you can get them from someone you know has similar likes and dislikes as you do. When you find a counselor you will be working very closely with them so it’s very important that you trust and like them and that you feel comfortable with them.
The next place you can look to find a counselor is at your church. Your priest or pastor may be able to provide counseling for you or if not, they can likely make some recommendations.
Of course, you can always just look through the phone book if all else fails. This is a very hit or miss method though so you may want to set up and appointment with a few of them to see who you feel most comfortable with before you commit to any of them.
You can also use some self help books (see save the marriage from divorce) and courses. There are many of them around and again, it’s important for you to find the style that suits you and your needs.
It doesn’t matter what type of marriage guidance you use, counselors, clergy, friends or books, just being willing to take some steps to make your marriage better is a huge step in the right direction. Good luck.
How You Can save marriage from divorce?
Sometimes it can almost feel like you’ve been dreaming and all of a sudden you wake up and your marriage is a shambles. If you find yourself in this situation and your marriage is hanging by a thread you’re probably wondering what you can do, if anything, to save marriage from divorce. It is the right thing to do than having a broken marriage. You’ll be happy to know that many couples have been in just such a place and have managed to save their marriage and even make it better. If you and your spouse are going to be able to do that too, you have to do a few things first.
1. The very first thing that the two of you need to decide is if you want to save the marriage. It won’t work if one of you wants to work on it and one of you doesn’t. Unless you both are in complete agreement there is no way you can have a good marriage. Sure, you might not get divorced, but you’ll never be truly happy in a relationship that one person doesn’t want to be in.
2. Next you need to carefully analyze the issues in your marriage and figure out how best to resolve them. This is a hard thing to do because both of you will have to be willing to stop pointing fingers at each other and accept your own blame for your marital troubles.
3. Now you’ll have to find a way to solve those issues. Again, this will take some time since more than likely the issues and resentments have built up over a period of time and will take some time to get past.
If you and your spouse can make a commitment to these steps you’ll have a real chance to save marriage from divorce. If you both want to work on it you may even want to find a qualified counselor to help you along the way. Good luck.
For a more step by step guide on saving your marriage from divorce, I suggest you to read the famous Save The Marriage Book.
Just had a marriage breakup, What Now?
The ending of a marriage is one of the great traumas in life. It can be second only to the death of a loved one when it comes to the emotional stress it causes. The good news is that there are some things you can do after a marriage breakup, that will help you get through the process a little more quickly, with less pain, and be able to move on without a ton of emotional baggage.
Here are some things you should consider:
1. Lean on your friends and family, that’s what they’re there for. They love you and will help you during this time, let them. There is no time limit to how long it will take you to get over the worst of your pain, so steer clear of anyone who tries to tell you it’s time for you to ‘get back out there’. They may be well meaning, but they aren’t helping.
2. Marriage Counselor: If you don’t seem to be making any progress at all after several months you should consider seeing a counselor. They can help you sort out all that you’re feeling and provide you with tools to dealing with it.
3. Use this ‘recovery time’ as a way to improve yourself. Not that there is anything wrong with you but we all have things we’d like to do or be. If you’ve always wanted to learn a foreign language, go for it. Join a gym, travel, etc. The point is that after a relationship falls apart, it’s a good time to reevaluate things and make any changes you’ve been meaning to make.
It’s not easy coping with a marriage breakup. Just keep your head held high and lean on the people in your life who love you. You can make it through and even though it may seem impossible, you’ll find happiness again.